The Journal of Korean Studies has moved to online manuscript submission and peer review via Editorial Manager. Please submit your manuscript electronically at http://www.editorialmanager.com/jks/Default.aspx.
JKS editors and editorial board welcome submissions year-round for publication. JKS is published bi-annually in the spring and fall.
Thematic issues are confirmed two years in advance. Those who have a publication track record and interest in guest editing a thematic issue may send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and a sample call for papers or a list of potential conference papers to the address below.
- The entire manuscript should be typed in 12-point Times New Roman and double-spaced, including endnotes and bibliography.
- Include an abstract of 200 words maximum at the beginning of the document.
- Main text should be 7,000 words minimum – 10,000 words maximum
- Place endnotes at the end of the text (no footnotes) and bibliography after.
- Use Chicago Manual of Style’s Level format for headings.
- Upload each image separately and remove them from the main manuscript.
JKS uses double-blind review; please make sure the author’s name is removed from the manuscript.
Please use the following Romanization: Chinese: Pinyin; Japanese: Hepburn; Korean: McCune-Reischauer.
Materials that have been accepted for publication or are being considered for publication elsewhere should not be submitted to JKS.
For detailed information about manuscript criteria, please consult the PDF files listed below.
The Journal of Korean Studies
Center for Korean Research
907 International Affairs Building
Columbia University MC3333
420 West 118th Street
New York, New York 10027