The Journal of Korean Studies has moved to online manuscript submission and peer review via Editorial Manager. Please submit your manuscript electronically at http://www.editorialmanager.com/jks/Default.aspx.
JKS editors and editorial board welcome submissions year-round for publication. JKS is published bi-annually in the spring and fall.
Thematic issues are confirmed two years in advance. Those who have a publication track record and interest in guest editing a thematic issue may send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and a sample call for papers or a list of potential conference papers to the address below.
- The entire manuscript should be typed in 12-point Times New Roman and double-spaced.
- Include title page with: title, authors’ names and affiliations, and a complete address for the corresponding author including telephone number and e-mail address
- Include abstract of 200 words maximum at the beginning of the document
- Include no more than five key words
- Main text of 7,000 words minimum – 10,000 words maximum
- Endnotes at the end of the text (no footnotes) and bibliography
JKS uses double-blind review; please make sure the author’s name is removed from the manuscript.
Please use the following Romanization: Chinese: Pinyin; Japanese: Hepburn; Korean: McCune-Reischauer.
Materials that have been accepted for publication or are being considered for publication elsewhere should not be submitted to JKS.
For detailed information about manuscript criteria, please consult the PDF files listed below.
The Journal of Korean Studies
Center for Korean Research
907 International Affairs Building
Columbia University MC3333
420 West 118th Street
New York, New York 10027